Service Tech Job Opening
October 30, 2023
Sandy Springs Water District is currently accepting qualified applicants for the position of Service Technician.
POSITION: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, December 1, 2023, by 5pm
- Brief Job Description – The Service Technician will work alongside the General Superintendent and other staff to lay new water lines, replace old-damaged water lines, read meters, installation of water taps and assist in the regular duties in construction and maintenance of water lines.
- Full-Time Position (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm) -AND- consists of an On-Call Rotation and repairing of leaks after normal work hours, as well as, weekends and holidays.
- Benefits Offered: (Some Benefits listed below become effective after a 6-month probation period.)
SC State Retirement
State Health & Dental Insurance (Optional: Life Insurance & Vision, etc.)
Sick & Vacation Time Accumulation
10 Paid Holidays
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma.
- A 6-month probation period must be completed.
- Knowledge of operating heavy equipment and a valid CDL Class “A” License.
- Must be willing to obtain a “C” & “D” Water License.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening, criminal background check, meet minimum physical requirements and have a clean driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications may be picked up in our office lobby or at the drive-thru window located at 6910 Hwy 76, Pendleton, Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm.
- Print the application HERE or you may submit a resume to PO BOX 730 Sandy Springs, SC 29677
- Applications will NOT be accepted after 5pm on the deadline date listed above.